• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

My Email to Maine Tourism

Posted by libhom Sunday, November 08, 2009

Illustration of hand giving someone the fingerPersonally, I don't have any interest in the failed, oppressive, and violent hetero institution of marriage. However, I am sick of the bigoted mentality of the Christian Right nutjobs who use same sex marriage as an excuse to lash out at queers. So, I'm letting my money do my talking. Here's the text of an email I sent to Maine Tourism.

I was planning on taking a vacation in New England next summer. I really enjoyed going to Massachusetts, and I planned on exploring more of the region. I had even looked into museums and galleries in your state.

However, now that Maine voters have embraced vicious homophobic bigotry, I'm leaving Maine off of that trip. I don't want any of my gay dollars in the pockets of those crazy bigots who voted that way.

You Can Send an Email to Maine Tourism Too

Illustration at top: ddogbreath

memo to Maine: eat shit

By the way, when I was looking for a photo or illustration for this post, I considered putting the words "Fuck Maine" in one of those online sign making sites. I got some
humorous results when I accidentally put them into a site that sells actual neon signs.

Enjoy!

 

4 comments

  1. yep - hit them in the only place they understand, the pocketbook.......

     
  2. Unknown Says:
  3. Good idea. I'll think of how they defeated marriage equality next summer, as I drive through Maine on my way to Nova Scotia - in a much more civilized nation. And thanks to your idea, I'll be packing food in a cooler so I don't spend nary a cent in that state.

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. "Personally, I don't have any interest in the failed, oppressive, and violent hetero institution of marriage" Agreed.

    I like your email.

     
  6. Jimmy Says:
  7. When I think of Maine, I think of the movie "Delores Claiborne". Cold, craggy, dank, and depressing - just like Maggie Gallagher.

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory