• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

Pissed Off at the Democrats? Let Them Know

Posted by libhom Saturday, June 20, 2009

From the war on Iraq to the pandering to the banksters to the vicious homophobia, Democratic Party "leaders" have been behaving in a reprehensible (and Republican) manner. It's time to start making noise now rather than waiting forever to give these people "a chance." Here's some contact information:

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
Phone (202) 224-2447
Fax (202) 969-0354
info@dscc.org

Democratic National Committee
202-863-8000
http://www.democrats.org/page/s/contactissues

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
(202) 863-1500
http://www.dccc.org/page/s/contact

White House
Comments: 202-456-1111
http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/

Office of the Speaker
(202) 225-0100
http://speaker.house.gov/contact/

10 comments

  1. Lew Scannon Says:
  2. I've given up on any chance of the Democrats following through on any of their promises. Unless they drastically shift their course, I'm never voting for them again.

     
  3. republicans lite - disappointing you bet - but totally expected.

    i will say i am gonna get carpal tunnel from all the emails i have shot out

     
  4. two crows Says:
  5. thanx for this info.

    I do regularly send emails to my senators and representative. it's interesting: the Dem acknowledges them via email. the Reps send paper letters.

    yeah, lets kill a tree unnecessarily and spend tax money on stamps. great plan.

     
  6. Christopher Says:
  7. I gave up on the Dems back when Speaker Botox uttered those now five infamous words:

    "Impeachment is off the table."

    It was at that moment I resigned from the Democratic party and became a registered Independent.

    The irony is, what I did was join with the majority of Americans who self-identify as Independents and not Democrats or Republicans.

     
  8. Mauigirl Says:
  9. Absolutely agree - we must let them know we're not happy with them. The thing is, the entire two-party system is no longer working. Technically this is supposed to be a country that lets anyone run for office but in reality the political machines behind the Dems and Republicans are what determine who runs and who can win. Only in a small town can someone run on another line and get anywhere.

    I think we need a way to have a viable third party or more. There has to be a way to make it possible for a third party to win. If we had runoff elections as many countries do, people would be willing to vote for a third party without fear of helping the party they most fear winning.

     
  10. two crows Says:
  11. I agree with Mauigirl and Christopher. I'd like to add the Natural Law Party. Their platform makes the most sense to me.

    Here's their platform. See what you think?
    http://www.natural-law.org/platform/index.html

     
  12. libhom Says:
  13. Lew/Christopher: I certainly don't trust the Democratic politicians, but that won't stop me from pushing them to behave as if they were decent human beings.

    Distributorcap/Two crows: Thanks for contacting them. It's one of many things people need to do to fight for real change in this country.

    Mauigirl: I agree that we need alternative political parties. One obstacle is formed by an array of restrictive ballot access laws in most states.

    two crows: I checked out the Natural Law party's platform. It's generally too conservative for me. Three things stuck out as really disturbing. It ignores queers. It supports a flat tax. It supports vouchers. The Greens are the third party for me, at least for now.

     
  14. two crows Says:
  15. I hadn't noticed those shortcomings in the Natural Law Party. I'll look again. And check out the Greens more thoroughly.

    In any case, I'd want to see at least 2 more parties. More would be better still. It looks to me as if both the current ones are on the skids.

     
  16. Christopher Says:
  17. Lib,

    Being a registered Independent in no way precludes or prevents me from keeping the DINO Dem's feet to the fire.

    In fact, as a member of a majority political group, I find the DINO Dems pay even MORE attention to me.

     
  18. libhom Says:
  19. Christopher: In a state with closed primaries like New York, registering as Independent means you can't vote for primary challengers like Tasini who is running against Gillibrand. Open primaries are more democratic, but we don't have them. I see party registration as a tool, not a statement of identity or affiliation.

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory