• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

The movie was well written for the most part, but I was really bothered by one aspect of the plot that I found disturbing and gratuitous.

I know the producers and writers wanted to change the Spock character to explore more of his human side. I think that could be really interesting. What I object to is the way they did it: destroying Vulcan and killing billions of Vulcans.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's fiction. Nothing of the kind really happened. But, after so many Iraqis have been killed in the war on that country, mass slaughter storylines are not so entertaining to me anymore. When art imitates life, it can get dicey.

The only "ism" hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
-Dorothy Parker

This fabulous quote is my other reason for objecting to the destruction of Vulcan. It seems like a stolen storyline from Battlestar Galactica.

I also have this nagging sense that it would have been more interesting to move the Star Trek franchise forward in time instead of backward.

There definitely were some good points. Chris Pine is a much better actor than William Shatner (who isn't?). Uhura isn't just wallpaper anymore. The new Checkoff is much more interesting.

 

3 comments

  1. GDAEman Says:
  2. I'm not gonna read your post ;-) thanks for the heads up on the spoilers.

     
  3. Christopher Says:
  4. I love the new Star Trek.

    Chris Pine as the young James T. Kirk is dreamy. He's so hot I was literally distracted for the first 45 minutes.

    Pure eye candy.

    Can't wait for the next installment. They start filming in 2010 -- or so I've read in the LA Times.

     
  5. Destroying Vulcan?! That's just a really stupid move!

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory