• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

Nominate for the Bloggies

Posted by libhom Sunday, January 11, 2009

With all the discussion over the Weblog Awards, we shouldn't forget that there is another, older, major set of blog awards. The official name is very similar, but the nickname stands it appart, The Bloggies.

Atheist Revolution has an excellent suggestion on the matter.

Nominations close on January 12 for the 2009 Weblog Awards. If there are any blogs you'd like to nominate for any of the categories, you'll need to do so by then. They do not have a category for atheist blogs, but there may be some others that would fit various atheist blogs. I nominated several atheist blogs for what seemed like the best category matches. I'd be shocked if an atheist blog won in any category, but at least it might generate some traffic for the nominees.

I nominated a bunch of blogs from my link list in appropriate categories. I'm not pleased that they got rid of the GLBT category, but I tried to compensate by nominating some queer blogs in several categories. I also nominated some liberal and atheist blogs. This is a great way to try to drive some traffic to blogs you think are worthwhile. Nominations close on Monday. Note that the site makes you do a weird horizontal scrolling thing.

Nominate Blogs Now!

 

2 comments

  1. Christopher Says:
  2. I never heard of this award before you blogged it. I nominated you, as well as a couple of others I think who are deserving.

    Good luck and I hope you win!

     
  3. libhom Says:
  4. Thanks Christopher. I nominated you as well. To be honest, I thought the one you were nominated for was this one.

    Anyway, I hope a bunch of liberal blogs get some traffic from all this.

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory