• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

Happy Darwin Day!

Posted by libhom Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today is Darwin Day!

The website has a history of Darwin's life and accomplishments.

Did your school censor evolution partially or entirely out of your Biology classes, leaving them an incomprehensible mess? Learn the basics of evolution.

Here's some reasons to celebrate Darwin Day:



Props to the American Humanist Association for all they have done to support Darwin Day!

 

5 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Sorry to be so insipid, kind Homo...

    right on. thanks for the Darwinian moment

     
  3. My nieces and nephew go to the same public school system I went to in New Jersey. Now maybe it's was because my town was one of the few in which a majority of the residents were jewish (and the christians were mostly catholic, not many fundamentalists), but the idea that creationism would even be suggested was so ridiculous then--much less now--that I find this whole discussion completely insane. My public school system was one of the best in a state that used to (pre-Christie) give a shit about education. Long and short, it's not everywhere, thank goodness. I imagine most of the northeast is safe from this shit, but I feel sorry for the bright kids in some of these wacky southern states who just want to learn. It shouldn't be so hard for them.

     
  4. Tim Says:
  5. This was all kind of settled back in the early 60s. I though by now we would be so much further ahead as a society.
    Much to my chagrin we went backwards.

    Actually the scopes trail, should have been the turning point. Damn Religious zealots.

     
  6. Christopher Says:
  7. I know we were taught evolution and not creationism but it was so long ago that I can't recall Darwin's name being associated with it.

    Of course, I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (not exactly Oklahoma City), so the ugly battles we hear about today in public schools didn't have much traction where I'm from.

    I am always thankful I grew up in "ground zero" of lefty America.

     
  8. libhom Says:
  9. Pagan: Blogging about art is so not insipid.

    pissed: I took public school biology in the Midwest and West. Evolution was barely mentioned in those classes.

    Tim: Yep, religious extremists have done terrible damage to our educational system.

    Christopher: I am more concerned with teaching evolution than specific mentions of Darwin, though that is a bit odd. I just hope Darwin Day helps more people find out about evolution.

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory