• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

"Don't You Wish That You Were Disabled?"

Posted by libhom Saturday, June 05, 2010

This is part of the lyrics from the fabulously snarky and thought provoking song, "The Fishing Is Free," by disability rights activist Jane Field. Here's some more.

The fishing is free with your disability
You don't need a licence like the rest.
Movies are half the price, well isn't that nice?
And the parking spots are nothing but the best.

Well, don't you wish that you were disabled?
Disabled is the better way to be.
With crutches, canes and braces, wheelchairs to run races
Don't you wish that you were just like me?

View Full Lyrics

I strongly suggest you read the whole thing. It's well worth it. I would have posted video, but I can't find it on YouTube.

 

1 Responses to "Don't You Wish That You Were Disabled?"

  1. Buffy Says:
  2. I like the humor of the piece and always enjoy when someone in a marginalized group can use such a tool to feel empowered.

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory