• I am a homo. That is a good thing. I am a liberal. That is a good thing.
    Everyone is godless. I belong to the minority that has figured this out.

Partial Listing of Bush Regime Policies Obama Has Continued Or Expanded

Get the Facts on Obama's Wealthcare Plan for the HMOs and Health Insurers

About Me, Me, Me!

I am the epitome of evil to the Religious Right....OK, so is at least 60% of the U.S. population.

Followers!

"Google Bombs"

Blog Archive!

Labels!

Is There a Bigot Elton John Wouldn't Sell Out Queers For?

Posted by libhom Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Elton John's new bff:
Rush Limbaugh
Illustration: Rex Lameray

Elton John has sunk pretty low in the past. His constant pandering to a vicious and notorious bigot like the untalented Eminem was a sad example of throwing middle class and poor queers under the bus in order to pander to the homophobes who run the recording companies.

However, Elton John really took things to a bizarre extreme this time. (MSNBC 6/7/10)

Singer Elton John received a $1 million fee to perform in front of 400 guests celebrating radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh's fourth wedding Saturday night, People Magazine reports.

Limbaugh has been one of the most strident heterosexist bigots in this country for decades. John's latest betrayal makes me laugh at anyone who thinks that he is an activist for the lgbt community. He has made it clear that the only queer he really cares about is Elton John.

I never thought much of the idea of celebrities as role models. The only meaningful role models are those people can know and interact with in person. However, John certainly sends a disturbing message to queers who are growing up in the US and the UK. He's basically saying that our purpose for existence is to amuse people who hate us and want us dead.

What's next? Will Elton John treat us all to a public display of licking Fred Phelps' boots?

I could boycott the sellout, but it would be an empty gesture. I never buy Elton John's crappy music anyway. He's on the same level as Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake in the tedious and schmaltzy department.

 

10 comments

  1. Jujupiter Says:
  2. Oh, I thought you said "Michael Phelps' boots". I wouldn't have been against that!

    And yeah, Elton John's music sucks and it does look like his sole purpose for existence is to amuse people who hate us. AND to be paid fuckloads of money for that. SAD.

     
  3. I despise Elton and the fat drug addict he stabbed you in the back playing for.

     
  4. http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Entertainment_News/Musto_Calls_Elton_a_Whore_for_Limbaugh_Performance/

     
  5. TomCat Says:
  6. When I learned that he had whored himself in this way, I was shocked.

     
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Not surprised, therefore not outraged. Fat Rush and Elton are a couple of outrageous fools.

     
  9. Lew Scannon Says:
  10. It was a WTF moment for me as well when I read this. The very least he could have done was hold out for more money, Rush has a lot of it, and a newer, younger trophy wife he's trying desperately to impress.

     
  11. I heard that the money allegedly went to AIDS research. Who knows? But performing at the fourth fucking wedding of a douchebag who makes his millions demonizing queers? No excuse is good enough.

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. is the waiter or waitress a sell out for serving him? would a doctor be a sell out for treating him? if he donated the money to a lgbt group would he be a sell out? how is that judged? what would you do for a million dollars? would it make a difference if you had several already?

     
  14. libhom Says:
  15. All But Anonymous: Elton John has burned a lot of bridges with the lgbt community. He has shown himself to be completely reprehensible.

    Anonymous: Whenever anyone does something viciously homophobic like performing for Rush Limbaugh, there's always someone who will make silly excuses for it.

     
  16. Yeah, that whole deal was pretty bizarre. I can't image why Limabugh would want him (Mrs. Limbaugh, I assume) or Elton would go. Maybe he's never listened to his show. Or watched TV. Or read a... oh christ, IDK. I don't get it.

    BTW... funny that you mentioned Phelps. I wrote a free-speech piece the other day about Phelps going to the SC... Made me feel... UNLCEAN. And if I'm going to take my lumps over it from ANYONE, for Karma's sake, I'd really like to hear what you have to say about it. (I'd have just emailed you with it, but I can't find an email address for you anywhere! LOL)

    If you're interested: http://eddiecabot.blogspot.com/2010/10/test-of-our-principles.html

    Thanks!

     

Search!



Facebook Fan Box!


More Links!





blogarama - the blog directory